The ESA SciComm Section seeks reviewers, and we welcome co-authored reviews.
We are open to proposals for book reviews of titles not on our list.
The following books are in-hand and can be shipped directly to confirmed reviewers:
- A field guide for science writers
- A little history of science
- Aristotle’s Ladder, Darwin’s Tree: Evolution of visual metaphors for biological order
- Don’t be such a scientist
- Field notes on science & nature
- Ordering life
- Paleocosas Detectives del Pasado
- Science unshackled
- The beginner’s guide to winning the Nobel Prize
- The audience of the ESA SciComm Section blog is fellow scientists and SciComm practitioners (including scientists considering becoming communicators, those in transition, and those who are experienced communicators already).
- We ask for at least one image (which could be a photo, scan of a hand-written or drawn image, etc.).
- All pitches and posts are subject to editorial approval and editing at all stages of the publishing process.
- Posts average 250-500 words.
- Be sure your review has a SciComm angle, and be sure to indicate your motive for reviewing the book (expertise, curiosity, sharing lessons learned, etc.).
- Please specify an anticipated draft submission date. If you do not have a preference, we will propose a couple of dates.
- Please let us know well in advance if you will need to postpone your anticipated submission date.
- Please plan to submit your draft the Friday prior to your scheduled publication date (usually a Wednesday). This allows time for editing, confirming/finalizing draft with you, formatting and scheduling prior to publishing the following week.
Please contact us directly with your pitch. Thank you in advance for your contribution(s)!
*Image credit: Christopher Michel from San Francisco, USA (Ladakh) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons