We are coordinating with several other sections to ensure a wide range of scicomm and engagement sessions are on the program, while also avoiding time and topic conflicts. If you have a comm&engagement session proposal in mind, or would like to be part of one, please either share your plans in the ESA-wide comm&engagement at #ESA2018 coordination form or get in touch.
The 2018 ESA annual meeting (#ESA2018) in New Orleans provides a significant opportunity to plan scicomm-related sessions that take into account ethics, inclusivity, community and ecosystem resilience, the science of scicomm, and many more themes of critical importance to our Section, ESA, and society more broadly.
Your SciComm Section is looking ahead, and we’d love your help. Please let us know:
- What kinds of sessions would you like to see at #ESA2018? Hearing your ideas will help us hone our focus for the next conference.
- Do you want to organize a session about your particular research area? We’d love to connect you with collaborators, potential sponsors, and the relevant folks at ESA to help you get a session proposal submitted.
- Have an idea but just need a boost? We’re happy to brainstorm and/or or share examples of successful session proposals we’ve submitted in past years.
Session proposal deadlines are coming up soon:
- September 14, 5:00 PM Eastern (2:00 PM Pacific): Symposia, Organized Oral Sessions
- November 16, 5:00 PM Eastern (2:00 PM Pacific): Ignites, Workshops, Special Sessions, Field Trips (calls for proposal not yet posted)
Complete details regarding proposals, deadlines, etc. are available on the #ESA2018 website.