The SciComm Section blog posts feature multimedia scicomm projects, book reviews, ESA conference reflections, and lots more. If you want to know when new content and tips are posted, visit the blog home page, scroll to the bottom, and subscribe!
Contributors wanted for the #MySciComm series and general posts. See sidebar (or footer if you’re using a mobile device) for details.
General expectations/considerations for potential contributors:
- The audience is fellow scientists and SciComm practitioners.
- Posts average 750-1,000 words, and we ask for at least one image (which could be a photo, scan of a hand-written or drawn image, etc.).
- Be sure your pitch has a SciComm angle, and be sure to indicate your motive for writing (expertise, curiosity, sharing lessons learned, etc.).
- Specify an anticipated draft submission date in your pitch.
- All pitches and posts are subject to editorial approval and editing at all stages of the publishing process.
- We share our content with ESA’s main blog EcoTone. At their discretion, they post some of it, contingent on contributor approval, of course!
How to contribute:
Image credit: Wokandapix, CC0 license