*This list is dynamic, and in-development. Feel free to make suggestions (use the comments section or contact us directly) re additional resources and great examples that should be included.
TAKE MORE COMPELLING PHOTOS
- National Geography photography tips
- Webinars from the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP has a great blog, too!) – note that most webinars and articles focus on the business and craft of photography.
USING OTHER PEOPLE’S IMAGES (same rules apply for illustrations)
- Is saying “Photo by Google” good enough for crediting images found online?
- Who owns the copyright when it’s your camera but someone else takes the photo?
WHY IMAGES MATTER
- Communicating science through context: visualizations
- What if all the images went away? Scientific American explores scicomm without images
- Why images are more powerful than words, and where to find good images online
YOUR IMAGES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Are you really giving away your intellectual property rights when you share your images on social media? Maybe. Here are some best practices for sharing while retaining your rights.