We want to move the conversation forward from talking about why communicating our science is important to improving how we actually do that.
WK 15 – Beyond the Written Word: Advancing
Ecology Communication Through Multimedia
(free though ESA charges $25 registration for the room)
- No previous sci-comm experience is necessary.
- Our workshop targets ecologists, educators, and communicators – those looking to expand their toolbox, and those curious to test the waters of science communication for the first time.
- Click here for a detailed workshop description.
- Workshop: Hands-on micro-workshops in audio, illustration, photography, video and writing
- Outcomes: Experience with basic (free) tools and apps; exposure to multimedia communication
- Product: Here’s the most exciting part of the workshop: you’ll form a small team with workshop presenters and other participants to plan and produce a multimedia project covering some aspect of the science at the meeting. We’ll even provide a platform for you to share these multimedia pieces with the world: a special series published right here and on the EcoTone blog. And don’t worry – we’re not looking for journalistic masterpieces, and we know everyone has a story to tell.
- Sunday, August 10, 2014
- 12:00 PM-5:00 PM
- Sacramento Convention Center
- Room 301
- We’re empowering ecologists to better communicate the stories of our science (including stories about the people doing the science) in creative and compelling ways.
- We will give you tools – and confidence – to engage, communicate, and create!
MEET THE TEAM:
- Co-organizers: Chris Creese, Clarisse Hart , Holly Menninger and Bethann G. Merkle
- Contributing instructors: Perrin Ireland, Ben Landis, Molly Mellinger
- For complete details about all the workshop instructors, click here to Meet the Team.